Starring role at National Conference
Storm featured prominently at Stormwater 2012, the Stormwater Industry Association’s 2nd National Conference.
The Conference was held in the week 15-19 October in Melbourne and was attended by 340 delegates from around Australia and internationally.
During Stormwater 2012, Storm was very active in various leading roles, including:
- Gold Sponsors of the event
- Authoring and presentation of 4 technical papers on contemporary themes
- Storm’s Principal Engineer Rod Wiese hosted a Stormwater Harvesting Workshop
- Rod also hosted a technical tour of Water Sensitive Urban Design projects in Melbourne, some that he designed
- Storm was finalist in the Award of Excellence for Stormwater Master Planning and Concept Design. This was for the Blue Mountains Business Park WSUD Strategy project.
- Storm won the Award of Excellence for Innovation with the Storm Pesticide Model
Storm demonstrated a high level of commitment to the SIA and the Conference by registering 8 staff as delegates or speakers. All of Storm’s Melbourne office staff were in attendance.
Rod Wiese was delighted with the Conference. He was wearing two hats, as he is also President of Stormwater Victoria. “Stormwater 2012 was a roaring success and I have received so much positive feedback about the networking and learning opportunities that were provided” he said. “I very much look forward to the next Conference in Adelaide in 2 years” he added.
Storm’s name was everywhere at the Conference, reinforcing their position as industry leaders in Sustainable Water Management and Water Sensitive Urban Design.